ADA Aqua Soil is the original Nature Aquarium substrate and is used by professional Aquascaper James Findley in many of his Nature Aquarium Layouts. Designed and used by the late master pro aquascape Takashi Amano for his company Aqua Design Amano AquaSoil is available in 3 varieties;
- Dark brown-black color of the Amazonian Rain Forest.
- Available in: Amazonia 3l, Amazonia 9l, Amazonia Powder Type 3l, and Amazonia Powder Type 9l
- Red-brown color of the African rain forest, which can provide a stunning contrast against the green plants.
- Relatively hard granules which are easy to handle, and ensure very clear water.
- Ocher color of the natural substrate in South East Asia.
- Ideal for aquarium layouts that are designed to last for a long period.
- Available in: Malaya 3l, Malaya 9l, Malaya Powder Type 3l, and Malaya Powder Type 9l
ADA also offer each variety in a Powder Type which has additional benefits:
- Ideal for nano/small aquariums as it creates a greater sense of scale
- Ideal for carpeting plants
Please note that ADA substrates are designed to release ammonia as an aid in cycling new filter media. This is in effect “fishless cycling” and is of great benefit to livestock when they are eventually added to the tank. Because of this livestock should not be added for at least three weeks and we recommend that a large 70% water change be carried out weekly during this period. Planting will also be easier at this point as plants do not appreciate high ammonia levels. We are not just a website: we have a real shop full of Nature Aquarium displays, so we can offer you truly expert advice. For more help and assistance please contact us now. We have helped thousands of people learn to aquascape…and we are still counting! Or find out a little bit more about us by reading to see ADA Aqua Soil being used in hundreds of aquascapes.